Thank you for your interest in our school community. Our Lady of Guadalupe School is a fully accredited Catholic school in East Los Angeles teaching students from Transitional Kindergarten through 8th grade. We welcome you to come and tour our campus and look forward to working with you and your family!
The first criterion for admission into Our Lady of Guadalupe Catholic School is a desire by the students and parents to participate in achieving school goals with a priority on living Catholic values.
Non-Discriminatory Race Policy
Our Lady of Guadalupe School, mindful of its mission to be a witness to the love of Christ for all, does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, or national and ethnic origin in admissions policies, administration of educational policies, scholarship and loan programs, athletic and other school-administered programs.
Likewise, Our Lady of Guadalupe School does not discriminate against any applicant for employment on the basis of sex, pregnancy, age, handicap race, color, and national and/or ethnic origin.
Our Lady of Guadalupe School adheres to the tenets of Title IX: “No person in the United States shall, on the basis of sex, be excluded from participation in, be denied the benefits of, or be subjected to discrimination under any education program or activity receiving federal financial assistance.”
Divorced or separated parents (father & mother) must file a court-certified copy of the custody section of the divorce or separation decree with the principal. The school will not be held responsible for failing to honor arrangements that have not been made known in writing.
Prospective students are considered for acceptance based on the following considerations:
- Parishioners of Our Lady of Guadalupe Parish
- Siblings of students currently enrolled at Our Lady of Guadalupe School
- All other families will be accepted pending on the number of available spaces in the classroom
- A student shall be admitted if he/she has reasonable expectations to successfully complete Our Lady of Guadalupe School’s academic program
- A student shall be admitted if he/she has reasonable expectations to successfully comply with the school’s rules and regulations
- Junior High Students will be admitted on a probationary basis, for a period of one month, after which time a conference will be held with the teacher, student, parents, and principal
- Students entering TK must be 4 years old and fully trained to use the restroom independently
- Students entering Kindergarten must be 5 years old on or before September 1
- All students must comply with the current California immunization and health requirements prior to enrollment